Century Publishing provides writing, editing, translation, graphic design, website management, printing, and distribution services. Rather than following the typical business model of serving local customers with local talent, we service global customers with global talent. Customers from around the world seek our services, and we find the best editors, designers, translators, and printers around the world who can provide the services you need, from professional high-end work to the most budget-conscious.
The company publishes books, booklets, and educational games on a wide variety of topics, including religion, social issues, business, and biographies. It also offers complete website design and management for profit and non-profit organizations.
Century Publishing is a custom publishing company helping connect authors, editors, designers, printers, distributors, and readers of niche subjects. We recognize that the old way of doing business has changed. We specialize in preparing publications for small-run printing or web-only publishing. We find ways to create products whether your budgets are large or small.
As a virtual company, Century Publishing reaches around the globe to find the finest writers, editors, designers, web developers, translators, and printing facilities who provide services as independent contractors. We utilize the latest information and telecommunication technologies to allow individuals to work together although geographically distant. This project approach to publishing provides the best-suited talent for each project while keeping overhead and management costs at a minimum. The management of publication projects, book warehousing, and order processing and fulfillment are performed at headquarters with minimal space and facilities requirements.
At Century Publishing, we believe that doing good is the responsible thing. Companies need to make a profit, but they should also give back to the community. Century Publishing donates a portion of the proceeds from books sales to educational and nonprofit organizations.
The company was founded in July 1981 and operated under the names Richman Communications and Richman Publishing until March 15, 1995, when the company was acquired by Century Publishing.
Sales strategy and major customers
Approximately 70% of Century Publishing’s annual sales are to retail stores and organizations for resale. The remaining 30% are to individuals and organizations who respond to direct mail and online advertising and order products directly from the company.
Sales policies (discounts, terms, return policies)
Century Publishing provides the industry-standard 40% discount to retail stores, bookstores, libraries, and other organizations.. Occasionally, special discounts are offered.
Standard payment terms are 30 days net.
Century Publishing accepts returns in sellable condition. Refunds or credits are for the amount paid, less shipping.
We are committed to protect your privacy. Shipments are made in opaque envelopes or boxes. We do not sell or trade customer information to anyone, whether it is your personal information or the fact that you are a customer.
We share your concerns for privacy and security of personal information. Since information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide you with exceptional customer service, our most important asset is you our customer. Keeping customer information secure, and using it only as you would want us to, is a top priority for us. Century Publishing restricts access to personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you or your family. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. Here is our pledge to you:
- We will safeguard any information you share with us according to strict standards of security and confidentiality.
- We will limit the collection and use of your information to the absolute minimum we require to deliver appropriate levels of service to you.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to your information.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- We will not reveal your information to any other external organization unless we have previously informed you in disclosures or agreements, and have either been authorized by you or are required by law to make such disclosure.
We collect and use information necessary to administer our business and provide you with exceptional customer service. We collect and maintain the following types of nonpublic personal information needed for these purposes:
- Information we receive from you on your orders.
- Information we receive from you in letters, telephone calls, e-mails, visits to our office, etc.
- Information we may receive from you when you visit our website.
- Information we may receive from other third parties.
- Information we may receive from credit reporting companies, bureaus, or agencies.
We may disclose certain information about you without your prior permission with persons or companies that are not affiliates of Century Publishing as permitted by law for purposes such as:
- To your attorney, trustee, or anyone else who represents you or has a legal interest in your transactions with us.
- To our attorneys, accountants, and auditors.
- To law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities to report suspected illegal activities.
- To others as permitted or required by law.
Century Publishing is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.